Friday, March 16, 2018

Finding Truth in Social Media

Can one find the TRUTH in social media? To answer that question we must redefine what TRUTH is presently.  Many social media platforms have become places where users argue over what they believe and not what is actually factual or in essence the TRUTH.  I recently viewed a post about people who believe that the Earth is a flat disc shape much like a biscuit.  I view this to be ridiculous based on what I believe to be true.  I believe the Earth is spherical based on physics and visual evidence such as eclipses or what I like to call scientific FACTS.  But here is the problem.  A person who is rooted deeply in their beliefs will not be swayed by FACTS.  They will rationalize until they arrive at their own set of FACTS thus making what they believe their own version of the TRUTH.  Social Media platforms currently seem to be taken over with these people arguing over THE TRUTH.
I suggest that everyone save their digital breath.  Your attempts to change someones perspective based on facts is futile at best.  I fear there is no such thing as TRUTH anymore...at least not within the world of Digital Social Media.  Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment