Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Faster Web Experience with Disconnect

Hello fellow Tech Ninjas! I have a very unique job that really gives me the opportunity to learn something new almost everyday.  Did you know that when you go to some websites that there are invisible websites that track your search and browsing history? Well I didn't.  When I learned about this my friend, Tech Jedi, Lou Plummer told me about the chrome extension Disconnect.  It boost speed, encrypts data shared with other sites, and stops tracking by third party sites.  It is an open source pay what you want software. I think the minimum is 10 dollars and as an added bonus part of your payment goes to a charity and you decide how much of your payment goes to charity.  I have been using Disconnect for several weeks now and pages do seem to load faster. So if you want a faster more secure web experience give Disconnect a try!  





No comments:

Post a Comment