Tuesday, April 1, 2014

TRANSFORMING

http://wonderfulengineering.com/hd-transformers-wallpapers-backgrounds-for-free-download/
Ok today I want to talk about a moment of transformation. I work with great Teachers but not all of them have reached what I call the "TRANSFORMATION"stage.  What I am speaking of is the transformation of a teacher who goes from waiting for someone to show them ways to use technology to a teacher who is creating ways to use technology. I work with great third grade teachers. One in particular has recently become a creator instead of a consumer in terms of how she views and uses technology. The best part is that she is excited about teaching again and her students are excited to participate in every new lesson. She is combining applications in innovative ways to create meaningful, challenging, and engaging lessons. This is what I hope will happen to all teachers sooner than later. In the past this teacher was satisfied waiting for instructional technology that was delivered in staff development and or attached in emails (and there is a need for that but why are teachers waiting?). Now she no longer waits for technology to come to her but actively seeks it out. I have watched her classroom environment change and other teachers have begun to take notice as well. So I want to congratulate all those who have strived to evolve to a new level of instruction and who truly embrace The Tech Ninja motto to BE FEARLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment