Saturday, December 13, 2014

Favorite Online Tools Part 1


     

     What a way to end the day I know that everyone has their own favorite online tools that they like using.  There are so many out there that there are often ones that get forgotten about, or left out because there is not enough time during the day, so I thought that I would highlight some of the ones that are most useful in the classroom and other places. 
            The first one I thought I would highlight is an online stopwatch.  When I first became a teacher I would use an egg timer, mini hourglasses, etc.  Then when I thought I was getting really high-tech I used my cell phone.  Those are all great, except for the fact that the students couldn’t really see what was going on.  I understand that you may not want the students to see, but I found the students would be up out of their seat looking to see how much time was left.  So introducing the online stopwatch http://www.online-stopwatch.com/.  Pull it up on the computer, project it to the front screen and off you go.  Not the most high tech tool out there, but it works and best of all free. 
            Did you even know you can by times they come all on a CD , something like $16 for it.  Is that expensive, no, but do I have better things to spend my money on?  Yes.  One of the best parts about the online stopwatch, it has a variety of times, so you are able to switch it up for the students.  If you have never used it before you may want to try the bomb timer.  
Don’t forget that besides from just following the blog you can like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thetechninjablog/111528315703424, follow us on Twitter @Tech_Ninja_Blog and now subscribe to our YouTube channel  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYzFJ-VbCBBNKqu5sWH8KDg

No comments:

Post a Comment