Wednesday, April 10, 2013

AR Parrot Drone Update


      

     Ok so we started using the AR Parrot Drone.  We are using it to teach about the history of flight, specifically in North Carolina, as well as how the military is using the drone technology.  I must say, it is one of the coolest pieces of technology that I have had the pleasure of using.  I get the same reaction from passerby’s using it as I did when I got the iPad when it first came out. 

     However it’s far from perfect.  It is made from Styrofoam, which while light gives it a very flimsy quality.  The controls are hard to use, especially with any sort of wind.  The free flight app of OS that they mention in the user manual is no longer available, and the replacement app does not let you switch cameras or take still pictures.  Its for this reason that I would much rather use my android phone with the original app than the iPad, even with the screen size difference.  The battery only last about 15 minutes now, and I know that will decrease the more times I charge it, but I was expecting that.  However, I do not like the fact that I cannot take off if I have less than 20 percent battery left. 
     
     Jay posted a video of us using it in an old school gym on our YouTube channel.  Check it out.  Don’t forget that besides from just following the blog you can like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thetechninjablog/111528315703424, follow us on Twitter @Tech_Ninja_Blog and now subscribe to our YouTube channel  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYzFJ-VbCBBNKqu5sWH8KDg.  

No comments:

Post a Comment