Monday, April 22, 2013

Thinking Differently


As we move on down the technology trail remember to think differently.  What I mean is try not to always take applications at face value.  I view technology as being like a multitool.  Just because an app was designed to serve one purpose does not mean it can't serve several others.  For example a teacher was trying to print some pictures that she needed and they had to be a specific size.  It was ultimately the application Pages and not iPhoto that enabled her to have full control over the sizing of the pictures. One of the first questions one might ask themselves when exploring an app for the first time is, "What does it do?".  I prefer to ask the question, "What can I make it do?".  I have discovered on several occasions that a combination of applications working together is stronger than one working independently.  Now go do something AWESOME!

1 comment: