Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Symbaloo

I remember seeing Symbaloo at a conference and thinking to myself that it was just another bookmarking solution.  After revisiting the site several months later I realized that it was much more.  I really like the visual appeal of Symbaloo because I am a very visual person.  Symbaloo lets the user arrange and organize not only bookmarks but links as well. It does this with a TILE system which makes it incredibly easy to locate what you are looking for. You can create multiple pages of what Symbaloo call web mixes. A web mix can be customized and shared within a public gallery or shared privately. I created a web mix of the most frequented sites by the Teachers at my school and made it available to them.  Check out the screen shot.


 I also like that you can determine what application goes in the middle box of the web mix. There are Teachers at my school who create unit specific web mixes and share then with the students. This helps to insure that time on the computer is more focused. You can also put links to quizzes made from google forms as well as links to videos. The interface is very user friendly and clean (not a bunch of blinky things).  So give Symbaloo a try if you haven't already it really is a great way to organize the places you visit most.


Don’t forget that besides from just following the blog you can like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thetechninjablog/111528315703424, follow us on Twitter @Tech_Ninja_Blog  and now subscribe to our YouTube channel  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYzFJ-VbCBBNKqu5sWH8KDg.

No comments:

Post a Comment