Sunday, March 16, 2014

Attitude Not Aptitude

“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude” ― Zig Ziglar
Original quote image:personalexcellence.co/quotes/70


 I have always enjoyed this particular quote. I liked it so much, a started a blog based on it. That blog has long since vanished from the internet, but I still am drawn to the quote. One of the reasons “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude” resonates with me so much is that it is one of the few things that we have control over, either in our lives or our classrooms. We can not control what others will do and we can not change what we have done in the past, but we can change our attitude. As Yogi Berra would have said, life is twenty five percent of what happens to you and ninety percent how you react to it.

 When I work with teachers, I see this happen all the time. many have the attitude that the technology will not work and any little hiccup will send them in a tailspin of failure. Why does the technology just seem to work when I walk into the room? It has to do with my attitude, I believe that the technology will work and even if it doesn't I believe that I can make it. I don't have a magic tech ninja touch, but I do have a positive attitude. I believe that technology can enhance your teaching and student learning. I know it can lead to distractions, but the good out weighs the bad by a lot. So when you are working with other or even working by yourself, make sure you keep a positive attitude, it will do you more good than you might think.

No comments:

Post a Comment